| Partake in the Ganesh Chaturthi festivities at Mumbai |
Ganesh Chaturthi commemorates the birthday of Lord Ganesh. The festival falls on the fourth day of the waxing moon period in the Hindu month of Bhadrapada and occurs in the month of August or September every year. The Ganesh Chaturthi in India is usually celebrated for 10 or 11 days, ending with Anant Chaturdasi. Anant Chaturdashi is devoted to the worship of Lord Anant, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu also referred to as the Supreme Being. Lord Ganesh is known as the symbol of wisdom, good fortune and prosperity. Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with great joy and enthusiasm. People in Mumbai offer prayers and gifts at Siddhivinayak Temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
Highlights of Ganesh Chaturthi
- Visit lavishly decorated podiums dedicated to Lord Ganesha
- Live concerts and art exhibits
- Offerings of coconut, flowers, jaggery, traditional sweets, and coin are
- On the last day, statues are paraded through the streets with lots of singing and dancing
- Relish the delicious regional cuisine
What to expect!
- Statues of Ganesha are kept in homes over the course of the festival
- Status of Ganesha in every street will be unique
- Prayers and poojas happen throughout the 10 days of the festival
- These podiums or pandals organizes charitable donations as well
- Statues are then immersed in water with pomp and show
Connectivity to venue:
- Mumbai International Airport is well connected to all Indian cities of India and internationally as well.
- Mumbai also has a well-developed road infrastructure connecting the city to the parts of Mumbai
- Our guide will assist you in reaching the venue in comfort and will explain the festivities and its significance while you watch the festivities.
- Mumbai experiences the monsoon season from June to September
- It is advised that you dress comfortably and modestly.
- Always a mobile phone, extra battery, and power bank handy at all times
- Please book your travel in advance as Mumbai receives an excess of visitors during the festival season.
- Contact our travel experts for the exact dates to enable them to plan a customized tour including the Ganesh Chaturthi festival at Mumbai.