International Kite Festival
| Witness the Kite Festival in Jaipur |
International Kite Festival is held on the day of ‘Makar Sankranti’ every year in January. Makar Sankranti marks the end of the winter season and the advent of summers. People celebrate this auspicious day by flying kites, from their rooftops. Indians believe that flying kites on this day will be beneficial for their health. On this day, the ‘Pink City’ transforms into a beautiful spectacle with colorful kites of all sizes and types in the sky. The event provides a kaleidoscopic view of Rajasthan’s vibrant art, culture and heritage.
Highlights of the International Kite Festival Jaipur
- Kite Festival in Jaipur begins with a holy dip in holy Galtaji
- The kite festival of India attracts kite lovers from far and wide
- The local markets or bazaars are filled with stalls selling kites of all varieties and colors
- The festival is divided into two sections: Kite War and Friendly Kite Flying Session
- The last day of celebration and the award ceremony is held after three days at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
What to expect at International Kite Festival Jaipur!
- On the day of the celebration, people pray to the sun god to bestow them with a healthy life and a good harvest
- City shuts down for the day as families stand on rooftops flying their paper kites
- Fun fairs and decorated kite exhibitions are also common during the kite festival
- Music and dance performances are also included during the event
- Enjoy the seasonal foods such as sweets made of sesame and jaggery, pakoras etc
Connectivity to venue:
- Sanganer Airport in Jaipur receives both domestic and international flights.
- The Delhi-Jaipur National Highway offers a smooth and comfortable ride with plenty of restaurants and amenities on the way.
- Our guides can escort you to the Jaipur Polo Ground to observe the kite festival of India and explain the full festivities, customs, and rituals.
- You can also contact our travel experts for assistance anytime during the tour.
- To witness the International Kite Festival at Jaipur, it is advised that you book the tour in advance to get the best hotels and flights
- Contact our travel connoisseurs for the exact days so that all the arrangements can be done according to your preference
- It is recommended to dress modestly and comfortably
- Pack warm clothes as North India would be experiencing winter in January
- A comfortable pair of sandals or shoes would be great during sightseeing tours