Kala Ghoda art festival
| Get enamored by the vibrant art displayed at the Kala Ghoda festival |
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is India’s largest street art festival, held every year in the month of February in Mumbai. The festival draws visitors from across the world and from different regions in India. The festival is organized by the Kala Ghoda Association to preserve and refurbish the Kala Ghoda Art District of Mumbai with the help of the local authorities. The festival aims to create and spread multi-cultural awareness through festivals and special events for people who have very little opportunity to display their artwork.
Highlights of Kala Ghoda festival
- Vibrant street art installations
- Live visual arts, dance, music performances
- Take part in cinema discussion and screenings
- Art workshops and literary discussions for young children
- Food walks, recipe demonstrations and panel discussion on Indian food
- Enjoy stand-up comedy shows
What to expect!
- The festival commences on the first Saturday and closes on the second Sunday in February
- The festival has no entry fees, for programs across all sections
- Since multiple events are held in multiple venues, one needs to pre-plan as per their interest
- There are theater plays every day in various languages and it is best to choose the preferred play for a day's visit
- There are movies, documentaries and walks etc. pre-scheduled at fixed hours anywhere from morning to late evenings
Connectivity to venue:
- The Kala Ghoda art district is the area that stretches from Regal Circle at the Southern end of Mahatma Gandhi Road, up to the Bombay University on the northern end.
- The district has many of Mumbai’s heritage buildings, museums, art galleries and educational institutions.
- Mumbai International Airport is well-connected to other Indian cities and the rest of the world.
- Mumbai is well connected to major cities in India by road.
- Mumbai weather is quite pleasant during the month of February
- The festival is open to all and has no entry fee
- Wear comfortable clothing and carry a pair of comfortable walking shoes
- International travelers need to book their tour in advance if they intend to visit Mumbai during the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival as hotels would be booked out during the festival
- Plan in advance about the events you want to attend as venues can get crowded fast