| Experience culture and tradition at the Mewar Festival |
Mewar Festival is one of the festivals in Udaipur is celebrated with great enthusiasm. The festival marks the arrival of spring. This festival in Udaipur is a three-day-long affair that is celebrated annually in the month of April to preserve the heritage of the city organized by the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation. The Mewar Festival, Udaipur is an integral part of the city’s culture and tradition. The Mewar Festival Udaipur is celebrated with great pomp and show by the royal family of Mewar.
Highlights of Mewar Festival
- Local people dress in bright, colorful dresses
- Explore the culture and living heritage of Mewar
- The traditional procession of the idols of Gangaur (Goddess Parvati) and Isar (Lord Shiva)
- Fun-filled activities that describe the diverse heritage and culture of the region
- Well decorated local markets and shops
- A mesmerizing show of fireworks
What to expect!
- Interact with professional artists and learn about local art and crafts
- People participate in singing traditional songs and dances
- Folk dancers and musicians portray the best of Rajasthani culture
- Dramatic performances depicting the history of the region
- Relish the delicious regional cuisine
Connectivity to venue:
- Udaipur airport has several domestic airlines connecting the city to all major cities of India.
- Udaipur Railway station is well connected to all major Indian cities by rail.
- Royal trains like Palace on Wheels and Maharaja’s express take you on a journey through the splendid state of Rajasthan.
- Udaipur has a well-developed road infrastructure with almost all cities in Rajasthan and other Indian cities.
- A private vehicle will be a comfortable option to tour through the mesmerizing cities in the desert state of Rajasthan.
- Mewar Festival Udaipur is listed as the 2nd World Living Heritage Festival.
- The best time to visit Udaipur is in winter when the temperature remains pleasant.
- Please contact our travel experts for the exact dates to plan a customized itinerary including a trip to Udaipur during the Mewar festival.
- It is recommended to book your travel in advance to avoid any last-minute cancellations as Udaipur has a surge in the number of visitors during the festival season