| Explore the heritage and culture of the Shekhawati region |
The Shekhawati region is a small district tucked away in the Rajasthan’s rural countryside. The Shekhawati Festival is jointly organized by the State Department of tourism and the Morarka Foundation with the objective of promoting tourism in the lesser explored Shekhawati region that includes the cities of Sikar, Nawalgarh, Churu, and Jhunjhunu. The festival is held over a course of three days and nights and is marked by a range of cultural programs, rural games, fireworks and haveli competitions showcasing the region’s rich heritage and culture.
Highlights of Shekhawati Festival
- See and explore in detail about the ancient art of frescoes
- Various cultural events and competitions
- Interact with organic farmers at the farm site
- Organic food served at the farms
- Folk dances, puppet shows, lilting music, camel safaris, etc
- Shopping dhamaka offers and discounts for the audiences
What to expect!
- Explore the region’s beautiful arts and crafts
- Participate in organized tours, cattle fair, and an award ceremony
- Witness the local Games and Sports
- Go for the Bandhej and Handicraft Exhibitions
- Witness the Fire Show on the last day of the festival.
Connectivity to venue:
- Shekhawati is well-connected to Jaipur, it is accessible by road from most major cities of Rajasthan.
- The nearest airport is Jaipur airport which is connected to most of the Indian cities.
- Foreign visitors can opt to take connecting flights from Delhi.
- Private vehicles will offer you a comfortable ride from Jaipur airport to Shekhawati.
- Our guide will assist you to reach the Surya Mandal Stadium at Nawalgarh and can assist you with all the information regarding the Shekhawati Festival and its programs
- It is advised to book the tour in advance to attend the Shekhawati Festival in February as India experiences the peak tourist season in February.
- It is recommended to carry warm clothes while traveling to Rajasthan as the weather can get colder at night
- Our luxurious and spacious vehicles will provide a safe and comfortable ride during intercity transfers