| Celebrate art, culture, and cuisine at ‘Taj Mahotsav’ |
Taj Mahotsav is one of the most awaited festivals in India celebrated with great pomp and show in Agra. It is celebrated every year in the month of February at Shilpgram near the ‘Taj Mahal’. The Taj Mahotsav is a 10 days long carnival that gives you a deep insight into India’s rich arts, crafts, cultures, cuisine, dance, and music. The Taj Mahotsav is organized by the Uttar Pradesh Tourism board with an objective to boost tourism in the region.
Highlights of Taj Mahotsav
- Craftsmanship from all over India and the world is displayed during the festival
- Wonderful performances of music and dance by well-known musicians and dancers
- Mouthwatering cuisines from different regions across India by renowned chefs
- Shop to your heart’s content at the Taj Mahotsav
- Thrilling rides for kids and adults alike
What to expect!
- India’s unexplored folk talent
- Exhibits and sales of handicrafts, pottery, metalware, and brassware
- Shop for contemporary furniture, unique paintings, jewelry, and showpieces
- Explore the diverse culture of India
Connectivity to venue:
- Agra Airport is connected only by Air India flights from New Delhi. The flight from Delhi to Agra is less than an hour long.
- Private vehicles and taxis are readily available to facilitate easy and comfortable transfers within Agra
- Agra is situated on the Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Chennai route and is well connected via railways to most cities across India.
- Agra is connected to Delhi and Jaipur by a series of well-connected roadways. These three cities collectively form the Golden Triangle Tourist circle.
- Do remember to carry woolen clothing as the weather can get very cold in February.
- Visit the iconic Taj Mahal and walk through the busy bazaars of Agra
- It is recommended to wear modest clothing while visiting religious places.
- Festivals in India are celebrated with great zeal that it attracts people from far and wide.
- Please try to book your tour much in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles in accommodation or transportation.
- Contact our travel experts for a customized itinerary that will ensure that your time in India is a memorable one.