Deepalaya, NEW DELHI
| Leading the poor to rise above societal restrictions |
Deepalaya began in 1979 with 7 founding members with a vision to build an equitable society and enabling self-reliance among the underprivileged especially girl children in urban slums and rural areas around Delhi. The organization over the last few decades has expanded from providing education only to children to providing higher education and vocational training for underprivileged women, youth and children. Deepalaya is currently the largest operational NGO in Delhi.
Initiatives by Deepalaya
- They are committed to providing education for poor children
- Deepalaya also provides health check-ups and basic treatment for rural and urban poor
- Provides support for the differently-abled from economically poor backgrounds
- Deepalaya also provides institutional care for homeless children
- They have set-up small micro-enterprises for empowerment of women in several north Indian cities.
Areas of Operation
- Deepalaya has learning centers and schools in Delhi providing non-formal and formal education to the poor
- Rural Health & Mobile Clinics in Haryana and Delhi
- Micro-financing projects for women in Delhi, Haryana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh
- Vocational training and skill development centers in Delhi and Haryana
Deepalaya accepts donations both in cash or kind. One can donate for any of their projects such as Deepalaya children’s home, meal sponsorship for poor children, or towards building a community library at Delhi and many more such initiatives by the organization. Deepalaya also has a special project for the sponsorship of children from poor families. You can choose to visit this NGO in Delhi during your trip to India. Please contact our travel connoisseurs if you wish to include a visit to Deepalaya in your tour.