JANASEVA SISHUBHAVAN, KOCHI
| Eradicating the exploitation of street children |
Janaseva Sisubhavan in Kochi, Kerala was initiated in 1999 with a sole vision to put an end to child exploitation in Indian society and with an aim to create a nation without street children. Janaseva Sisubhavan promotes the rights of street children thereby improving their lives. They work towards the education of the poor children from rural areas and urban slums. They offer free education to children who are not able to afford to go to school and have programs through which one can sponsor a child in Kerala or donate towards nutritious meals or school uniforms.
Initiatives by Janaseva Sisubhavan
- Saving and rehabilitating street children from child begging, child labor, sexual harassment, etc
- Provision of nutritious meals
- Provides easy access to education
- Separate shelter homes for girls and boys
- Guidance offered for women and girls who are victims of domestic violence
Areas of Operation
- Janaseva Sisubhavan in Kochi, Kerala has saved about 300+ children in Kochi and other parts of Kerala
- Janaseva Sthree Raksha Samithi has been implemented recently for women in the Ernakulam District
- The organization aims to expand itself further beyond the state of Kerala
Janaseva Sisubhavan began with an aim to save young children from the streets of Kerala and provide them all basic amenities in order to mould them into self-reliant individuals. One may sponsor a child in Kerala or sponsor meals or even volunteer at the organization. Please contact our travel connoisseurs if you wish to visit Janaseva Sisubhavan and interact with the children during your trip to Kochi.