SAMBHALI TRUST, JODHPUR
| Self-reliance and independence among rural women |
Sambhali Trust is a non-profit organization that is focused on the development and empowerment of underprivileged women and girls in Rajasthan. These women lack any autonomy in their domestic lives and face severe physical, mental and sexual abuse within their communities. Sambhali equips these underprivileged women with assistance and guidance to become self- reliant, financially independent, to be able to provide for their children and their families. They have various volunteering programs for people who travel for charity.
Initiatives by Sambhali Trust
- Runs women empowerment centers to help underprivileged women
- Provide basic education and vocational training for poor women and girls
- Micro-financing program for women in rural Rajasthan
- Operates a boarding home in Jodhpur for girls from rural Rajasthan
- Operates a helpline for helping women with issues they may face
Areas of Operation
- Sambhali Trust's projects are based in Jodhpur
- They also operate in Setrawa villages near Jodhpur
- They also operate in the Thar desert region helping women and children experiencing discrimination and violence on a daily basis due to economic, gender, and caste
In total, the Sambhali trust consists of 16 projects that include empowerment centers, sewing centers, scholarship funding, the ‘No Bad Touch’ project, women's shelter home, and self-help groups. Individuals who travel for charity can also participate in Sambhali’s volunteering programs or donate in cash or kind. All donations gained by the trust are used for any of their short-funded projects. Please contact our travel connoisseurs, if you wish to visit this organization during your trip the ‘Blue City’, Jodhpur.