SIVANANDA SARASWATHI SEVASHRAM, Chennai
| Serving elders and needy children since 1945 |
Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram is an award-winning NGO in Chennai, Tamil Nadu catering to the needs of over thousands of orphans and deserted children. The organization began in 1945 with only three children in a shed; they now have a great infrastructure with several buildings that can take care of 400+ residents of all age groups. Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram has evolved over the past few years into a humanitarian center with several units working for the cause of the poor and destitute. New children are admitted to their orphanage on a regular basis. The total strength of the ashram is over 300. They provide the children with a hygienic environment, nutritious food, clothing, shelter, and education. The organization is invested in creating a safe atmosphere where the child can grow in a protected environment into self-reliant individuals. They also run an old age home supporting over 80 senior citizens who are neglected by their kin.
Initiatives by Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram
- Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram offers a healthy and hygienic environment
- Orphans and needy children are rehabilitated and provided with shelter
- This Ngo in Chennai ensures that the children are provided with quality education
- Provides shelter and care for older people who are deserted by their kin
- Healthcare facilities for children and older people
- Promotion of mass feeding and asylum offered to orphan children from Sri Lanka
Areas of Operation
- Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram offers support to children and older people near Chennai
- Other than Chennai they cover cities across Tamil Nadu
- They also offer support to children left orphaned in the recent riots in Sri Lanka
Sivananda Saraswathi Sevashram seeks assistance from corporations and individuals to improve their infrastructure and start new projects. They intend to open a new polytechnic institute for the children, college of arts, schools for deaf and dumb, and school for blond and differently-abled. They accept donations in both cash and kind. Kindly contact our travel connoisseurs if you wish to add this program in your tour to Chennai.